Information on traffic rules
General information of traffic rules in the Republic of Croatia.
Traffic rules in Croatia are the same as in the rest of Europe. You drive at the right side of the highways. Speed limits are put alongside the highways. If there are no signs, speed limits are as follows: 130 km/h (81mph) on motorways, 100km/h (62 mph) on roads with 2-lanes, 50 km/h (31 mph) in towns and 80 km/h (50 mph) outside towns.
Maximum allowed speed limit is 80 km/h for cars towing trailers. Fines depend on the offences. Maximum amount of alcohol allowed in the blood is 0,5 ppm.
You must report a car accident to the police immediately. The number of the police is 192. The number for the Croatian Auto Club service is 978.
You can get information from the Croatian Auto Club 24 hours a day. Croatian Auto cooperates with other international auto clubs.
Other useful information:
If you call Croatian Auto Club on the number 46 40 800 you can get the following information:
- Road conditions and ferry traffic in Croatia.
- Toll fees in Croatia and abroad.
- Traffic bans on certain vehicle categories in Croatia and some European countries
- Fuel prices in Croatia and abroad.
- Information about members’ right of Croatian Auto Club (HAK) members.
- Phone numbers for foreign auto clubs.
- Advice about choosing the most convenient travel direction.
- Ferry routes and timetables in the Adriatic.
- Information about the road conditions you can get by calling: 060 520 520
click for HAK useful information